‘Personal Data’ means any information which identifies you as an individual. It may include your name but it may also be other information which when combined identify you. This may include:
- your professional contact details and your role in your organisation,
- any details you may provide to us in relation to your activities and requirements relevant to the actual or potential provision of our Services,
- any information necessary for processing payments to or from you.
Statement of Data Protection Obligations
Yacht Carbon Offset is a Data Controller so we are legally responsible for the Personal Data we collect and hold about you, including through the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). This statement sets out the different ways in which we use your Personal Data.
Use of your Personal Data
Yacht Carbon Offset will process your Personal Data for purposes connected with the delivery or potential delivery of our Service to you or to the yacht(s) individual(s) or organisation(s) that you work for, advise or represent. For example, we will use email and other contact information together with activity related information such as fuel quantities in order to enable us to take steps to offer our Services and to fulfil our contract with you should you accept any such offer.
Your Personal Data will be stored securely and access to it is limited to staff who have a legitimate need to see it for the purpose of delivering Yacht Carbon Offset’s Services. Your Personal Data is used for a range of administrative purposes, including:
- inviting you to consider our services and communicating with you in relation to such invitations,
- entering into a contract with you
- processing payments
- administering your login details should we give you online access to your transaction history and issued Certificates
Sharing your Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be disclosed to other organisations as required by law, for crime prevention or detection purposes.
Some of your Personal Data will be shared with third parties to the extent that this is necessary in order to perform the Services. Specifically, if you decide to pay us by card we will transmit limited and necessary contact and order cost information to the payment services provider in order for your payment to be processed.
Access to your Personal Data
Under the GDPR you have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to access the personal data that is held about you.
- the right to be informed about the data we process, and our reasons for doing so.
- the right to access the information we hold about you
- the right to rectify inaccuracies
- the right to have certain data deleted
- the right to restrict how we process your data
- the right to be given the data we hold about you in a format that you can easily access and keep
- the right to object to the way we are using your data
- specific additional rights in relation to automated decision-making.
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please email email@example.com or write to
Yacht Carbon Offset Limited,
17 Hanover Square,
London W1S 1BN.